(photo taken at Cozuma, in a horse-pulled cart on our way to cenotes, w/Jennifer, Jack, and Zoe)
Thank you 2014, and Chinese Year of the Horse for the leaps into new places.
Leaving behind the job that felt too small and worn out,
and wore me down.
Leaving our lovingly-restored Victorian
to a new owner
and galloping into the world only with
backpacks, open minds, and each other.
Leaving family and friends only geographically,
with room for new kindred to enter.
There are new blessings every day
in this nomadic life we have entered:
- opportunities to see long-time friends in different states and countries
- the warm, turquoise Caribbean sea
- a conversation with a kind Puerto Rican on the entire flight from Miami to Puerto Rico
- experiencing the magic of cenotes
- kindness and generosity from strangers
- crossing paths with people who quickly become new friends
- love and encouragement from near and far
- meeting cool parents who expose their young kids to world travel
- yoga in new places
- invitations to holiday meals and gatherings
(Jennifer, Maria, and me)
We hope to see more of the world, in good health and strength. We hope to see more old friends and make more new friends. We hope to learn and grow as we venture forth, and discover our second act.
Dear Friends and Family,
May you spend time each day doing something that matters to you, take a chance on something you want to do in this life, and dream big.
Feliz Año Nuevo y
Vaya con Dios